Sunday, May 16, 2010

Late... again

So I'm about as terrible as keeping up with my posting as I am in writing in a journal, so we get to play catch up again. Though in my defense I am a full time employee, a full time mom, a housekeeper, a landscaper, a laundress, a primary teacher, and oh so much more, so finding time to post is pretty scarse. (plus the internet hasn't been working.) Pretty much the only real exciting thing that has happened is that Bryan and Emily and Penny came to visit!!! It was so good to see them, even if it was only for a short while. I got to give Penny her birthday present, which was some homemade sock monsters. They were really fun and easy to make, and endless possibilties on what you could make. I think I am going to make Graham some when he is a little older, but Penny loved them. I have to say my favorite was the owl monster, he was just too cute! Here is some pictures of the monsters and Bryan and Emily's visit. (though for some reason I never got a picture of Bryan!)










I love the picture of Lincoln and Penny riding on the back of dad, or Grandpa! What a better way to prove your a talented cowgirl than to ride a bucking bronco backwards and only a belt to hold on to! They loved playing with Grandpa, and Graham just had fun watching his cousins play, at least he didn't have to strain his neck to look at them!

Graham turned 6 months old!!! I can't believe its been half a year. Unfortunetly I forgot to take pictures, so as soon as I do I will get them posted. He is doing very well. He can now sit by himself, feed himself small food bits, talks alot more, can roll both directions, and it getting very close to crawling. The other day I set him on the ground by our couch and ran upstairs to the kitchen to make him a bottle. When I cam back down stairs (less than 5 minutes) he had rolled over to our fireplace to inspect our welcome bear. He couldn't figure out how to get back to me though, and it really frustrated him. He even rocked up onto his knees a couple of times, but that was it. We took him to the doctor for his 6 month check up. His growth spurt has slowed a bit, (hallejuiah, he might stay in some pants longer than 2 weeks!) He is 17 pounds 13 ounces, and 27 and 1/2 inches tall. That puts him in the 50% for weight and 75% for height. It was so funny watching him with the doctor, cause he is A LOT more aware of whats going on, and so he wanted to "help" the doctor with the stethascope, and he tried to eat it and the thing they check the ears with. We did find out he has had an ear infection, which is weird cause he hasn't been extremely crancky, just stuffy, but we should have expected it with how bad Nelson's ears get. The doctor scraped around in his ear a bit, and gave him some medicine, and we are pretty sure it's working cause Graham has been a lot more cranky than usual the last 2 days. the doctor also had to pull some skin back from him circumcision and he got shots, so needless to say Graham was not happy the next day. He is such a good boy though, and its fun and exciting to see him grow and develope and learn new things. well that's it, I'm sure a lot more happened that you'll never know about, but oh well. I will post pictures of Graham's 6 months shortly!

1 comment:

  1. I love the sock monsters! I think you are going to have to teach me how make some...my boys (well, Lincoln) is really in to monsters right now. Today at Costco I said, I have two cute boys in my cart, and Lincoln No Mom, two cute (then his voice got really "scary") MONSTERS!! Anyways, Graham is cute as ever! It is nice when their growth spurts start to slow down and they can actually wear the clothes you get for them more than twice.

    ReplyDelete